Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2019

I'd like if you sat next to me.

I want to be
who you think of
in the middle of the day
when you're kind of doing nothing.
You're not a social butterfly, but for me
you said you'd try.

Quite often,
I'll think of you,
preparing what to say,
picking up new jokes along the way-
I want to be the friend
that makes you feel that same way.

I know it's hard-
it's always is-
but it’s always “complicated” and
I'm bored of excuses, so
tell me how it is.

Could I ask?
I’d hold my breath while you answer,
a deep breath and,
"Do you want to be my friend?
Really, really?”
If you don't like me,
you're not all to blame.
Maybe I'm too much or too little.
It’s all part of the game.

I want to be the person
you can't wait to tell your stories to.
You are who I think of
when I'm too tired to talk,
I'd normally dread company.
but, you,
I'd like if you sat next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.