Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2020

Hell doesn't exist

I don't believe in Hell.
Is that crazy?
Is it crazy to believe my kind God believes in
forgiveness and not violent revenge?

I don't think there's a point system in life
(no final tally at the end)
I don't think the meaning of life is to have
more points in the good column than the bad
(to avoid Hell)

Some people have trouble wrapping their heads around
the radical notion.
"If Hell doesn't exist
how do I justify my hate?" they asked,
"I've told countless strangers they are
going to burn in Hell for eternity for being
gay,
divorced,
or not a part of my religion...
without Hell, how do I justify-
how do I know I am better than them?"

No one has all the answers.
Maybe there's a Heaven,
maybe there's not.

What I know is
I don't believe in Hell.
Is that crazy?
Is it crazy to believe my kind God believes in
forgiveness and not violent revenge?
I see nothing holy in darkness, only in Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.