Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

having taken inventory (terza rima)

One day, not so long ago,
I told my story.
But, there was so much I didn't know.

Now, as I take my inventory,
as you must do, now and again,
if only an exploratory

act; I wrote it all down with my quill pen
the power I was relinquishing
but just another mess and then,

I found something quite distinguishing;
a darkness inside me I had thought I'd abandoned.
All confidence of mine now extinguishing.

My wounds bandaged,
I scooped up my grief
and, well, managed

to quell disbelief
and remember to blink, just twice,
to experience some relief.

I took all the advice,
but it all fell flat.
It wasn’t worth the asking price.

I put on my hard hat,
placed my fears aside, at last,
and prepared for combat.

I almost wished I hadn't asked-
oh dear, I almost cried-
realizing that it all wouldn't be fixed so fast,

nor will it break, even if tried.
So, straight on I looked at my darkness,
"Fine, let's talk," I clarified.


Terza Rima: ABA BCB CDC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.