Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2019

Stripped Raw

rollercoasters invoke vomit
black and white photography
misses out on half the picture

volume stabilizers
keep things even, tones level
one song blends into the next
lots of things are thrown at you
but, predictably, they all weight the same
(some people don't have those installed)

everything is at a screaming pitch
one that can drop so suddenly,
sound submerged in water
(sometimes I think I've gone deaf)

emotions ride my skin
like I'm a rollercoaster
diving deep, needling me with ink
whenever the mood hits them

jealousy feels like jello on skin
and happiness is that moment
just before you jump

anxiety is yellow
buzzing bees trapped in my lungs
they will get angry
and make me regret
having a single thought

rollercoaster again,
up and down, but I'm blindfolded

this trail is endless
oh, I'm back to where I started
intensity drives you mad
to the brink of reality
falling into exhaustion

some people don't have the automatic system
we use a gear shift in our minds
to control our emotions
careful not to stall,

going too fast, when will I stop?

I can't explain
I don't have the words
no, I have too many
they won't fit in my head
I'm pouring out my soul,

nerves open to the air
emotional skin ripped away
leaving raw sparks
waiting to start a fire