Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas Energy

You taught me of an energy I never knew before,
one that beats my loneliness every time it shows,
that brings me back every time I'm feeling blue.
I can reach it anytime
because the energy
is knowing that you are out there, my dear.

It's Christmas time now, as you may know.
Who can say, you might even have that holiday glow!
It's time to be grateful and give butterfly
kisses to those we love the most.

Often oversimplified as just
a month of superfluous gifts that aren't worth the fuss,
but who can forget
hands holding our own around the table,
candles lit with love and repeated tolerance of
the same jokes over and over again.

What I'm saying is, I love you so,
you are a part of that family that stays with me
over roads and mountains of distance, you are
always right next to me.


Dedicated to my friend, Corinne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.